DIY Map GPS app gives you your current location by map matching your current GPS location with the map. However, internet connection may not be available in mountains or other remote areas. DIY Map GPS app can use offline maps in such circumstances, provide information of main points and can track previous trails. It’s unique app, no analogs in AppStore. We believe it would be very useful for all world travelers.
- Optimized for iPhone4/5, iPad, iPad mini, iPod
- FREE download of 3,788 world city maps and POI
- Use offline atlases created by Mobile Atlas Creator(PC&Mac).
- Create DIY Map through scanned map image, NOAA BSB, OziExplorer map file.(PC&Mac)
- Full-featured GPS system
- Use in Offline and No Data Roam
- Useful features(Weather, Sunrise/Sunset, Moonrise/Moonset)
The “DIY” in the app name is a clue that this is not just an offline map app
- Basically you can directly download OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap, OpenSeaMap as an app which allows you to download maps of any place in the world. FREE downloads of 3,788 city maps worldwide and millions of Points of Interest are already listed. All you have to do is just download the maps app.
- Second, you can use the atlas(with MBTiles SQLite format) downloaded through the Mobile Atlas Creator. Mobile Atlas Creator uses 25 world map sources to create an atlas. Mobile Atlas Creator is available for Mac OSX, Windows, Linux for free. (http://mobac.sourceforge.net/)
- Finally, You can convert a RasterMap file into a Tile-based DIY Map DB(.diymap) using the “DIY Map Maker” provided by us. “DIY Map Maker” is available for Mac OSX, Windows for free. You can use NOAA RNC® (Raster Navigational Charts) as well as JPEG/TIFF for the DIY Map. NOAA provides weekly updates to the Raster Navigational Charts, which are available for free in the BSB format(.kap). NOAA RNC® are full-color digital images of NOAA’s entire suite of paper charts.
- Please refer to “How to create Offline Map” for more information.
Understanding Offline Maps
Create Offline Map
- DIY Map GPS app provides OpenStreetMap/OpenCycleMap along with maps created by users through DIY Map. Please refer to “How to create Offline Map” for more information.
- GPS Track Recording Method
- Display saved Track file on the map
- How to download City Map
- How to create User Map
- How to use POI(Points of Interest)
- How to use Weather/Sunrise/Moonrise
- How to use DIY Map
- Building MBTiles Sqlite(.sqlite) maps using Mobile Atlas Creator
- Creating DIY Map(.diymap) through map image
- Importing DIY Map using iTunes file sharing